We at 4th Dimension Racing are very passionate about sustainability. It is something really important to us and we have been doing this since 2007 when we first started. In our events we try hard to reduce, reuse and recycle to cut down waste.
- We partner with other events to share supplies such as tents, signage, cones, etc.
- We buy food in bulk at Costco to minimize packaging, and we don't use disposable bags in our shopping trips.
- We use bio-degradable cleaning agents and hand sanitizers made of all natural, non-chemical based ingredients that are gentle on the planet.
- We provide recycling bins on site for paper, plastic, glass as well as compost bins to collect food scraps.
- We use clip on streamers to mark courses that are reused from race to race.
- We communicate almost exclusively with the race community via email and online newsletters to reduce paper waste.
- We work with volunteer organizations such as the Washington Trails Association, Friends of Capitol Forest, Friends of Lord Hill and rangers to maintain and build new trails.
- We encourage carpooling.
Being green is something we care deeply about and we continuously learn and improve the process as we go. If you have any suggestions for optimization please do send it our way!
“Man does not weave this web of life. He is merely a strand of it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself.” ~ Chief Seattle